Sorry for no picture, but this has to get posted before I have a chance to upload a photo to this.
I’ve just officially committed myself to hosting my very first Thanksgiving Dinner.
- I have never cooked a turkey, or a chicken for that matter, because my hubs is allergic to poultry.
- I have a 1,000 sq ft condo with very little space.
However, there are several benefits to this little venture.
- I get to set a table.
- I have a ridiculous collection of dinnerware, serving dishes, silverware, flatware, etc. that I will finally get to utilize.
- I am pretty good at cooking, baking and following recipes.
- It will make me really clean my house.
- Don’t forget, I will get to set a table 🙂
- Getting the first one out of the way will be good for me.
- There has kinda been this Thanksgiving hole in my life since my parents moved to Texas. I grew up in a house where Thanksgiving was ALWAYS hosted at my parents. So it will be great for peeps to get together at my house.
- I won’t have to drive anywhere.
- Did I mention I’ll be setting a table?!?!
I’m running through Martha Stewart’s Thanksgiving issue with a fine tooth comb. There is a lot to clean, plan, do….decide against…replan….do (and on and on with that vicious cycle.)