This post might be a little random, but that’s how I roll, if you haven’t noticed by now. Probably the most important revelation I had this weekend was what my title should be. I think my business cards should say something along the lines of Relentless Thrifter & Domestic Vixon as a title. It’s a work in progress, but I have high hopes for it.
1. Another reason to love Seattle is the beautiful freeways. Every time I have out of town guests, they are bewildered by the beauty of Washington. Driving under the Convention Center is one of my favorite pieces of freeway.
2. I’ve gotten in the habit of texting myself so that I can remember things I want to blog about, or tell Adam. It’s like having a personal twitter, or virtual notepad.
3. A thrift store opened up right next to my house, and it had a sign in the window that said, “Now Exception Your Donations”. I find it sad that they were losing credit with me before they even opened their doors. The kicker is that it’s a non-profit for foster children. I hope the foster children get better educations than the facilitators of this store.
4. Saturday evening we hung out at our friends, Ben and Gina’s. It was a really good time, and spur of the moment. I had a lot of fun though, and perfect end to a Saturday evening.
5. Sunday I had breakfast with my friend Scott after church. It was really nice to visit for awhile and he picked up the tab, always a score. THANKS SCOTT!
6. My friend Becky is amazing. I’m always proud of her, even when she does dumb things. She’s come a long way and dealt with some struggles lately. I’m always appreciative of the staple and best friend she’s become in my life.
7. Sunday evening, I went to Chateau Ste Michelle for the Great Big Sea concert. Let’s start by saying that I am, by no means, a fan of this band. I had a really great time though. We danced, we drank, we ate and we laughed. We got Adam’s brother some tickets for his birthday because he’s a fan. It was an amazing time, even though “someone” got drunk and puked in my kitchen sink. By “someone”, I do not mean myself. Someone else who lives with me. Check out that awesome chair I’m sitting in. It’s metal and teal. Talk about a total thrifting score at $4 a piece. I picked up two 🙂
8. Yoji and Wicket are getting bigging, and their hair is also getting fuller, thicker and generally bigger. Talk about high maintenance.
9. Check out this pretty sweet mullet I spotted down in Seattle today. It’s rare to find the endangered Asian Mullet, so I could not resist taking a pic, I only wish I were closer.
10. I am off work until Thursday. Today Adam and I ran to Pike Place and West Seattle. We didn’t buy anything but chowder, but it was fun. We did discover this guy. His name is Mr. Dan and he has some pretty sweet gear. Fell in love with a couple paintings.
Off to eat dinner and clean a little 🙂